Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Welcome Back to the World According to Alli

Well Bloggers, it's been awhile hasn't it. With so much going on in the world today, of course I had to come back and start blogging again. I read an interesting news piece a moment ago about my old pal Tucker Carlson. Tucker fans of the world, you will be heart broken to learn that his show Crossfire is going to be cancelled, and Tucker is not going to be offered other employment at CNN. Now, the head of programming at CNN wants to get away from argument based talking head shows and go back to more substantial news programming. I think that CNN deserves to be applauded here. They sent Cooper Anderson out to Tsunami torn regions this week to report from the scene and let us know what is going on first hand. Cooper is doing a great job too, if you've had a chance to see any of his reporting you know what I'm talking about, if you haven't had a chance, try to catch him. I hope that CNN continues in this new direction and allows some of the great reporters that they have to really use their talents. As an intelligent adult who cares about what is happening both in my own country and around the world, I appreciate being treated as more than a spectator at a chicken fight. I am more interested in what's happening to the dollar compared to the Euro, than what Nancy Pelosi said about Tom Daschle, got that Fox News?

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

welcome back to the blogosphere (I hate that word). I will surely miss our bow-tied warrior at CNN. Although I did think Crossfire was an entertaining show, CNN seems to be going in the right direction. Maybe MSNBC will pick it up as a late night show to follow Scarborough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home